ACCEL has organized a team of professionals who understand the insurance industry and have extensive experience in assisting clients on significant insurance industry transactions. Our deep familiarity and experience in the property and casualty, life and health insurance and reinsurance industries allows us to provide strategic business and corporate governance advice to assist our clients in achieving their objectives. Our involvement over the years in a number of large and high-profile matters has equipped us with considerable experience in managing important and complex transactions while enabling us to handle medium-sized and smaller matters with a high level of efficiency on a cost-effective basis.
Following are examples of the types of transactions the ACCEL team has handled for clients:
- Insurance company mergers and acquisitions, including the purchase and sale of “shell” insurance companies
- Insurance agency and brokerage mergers and acquisitions
- MGA, MGU and Program Administrator transactions
- Negotiation of third party administrator agreements.
- Joint marketing arrangements between co-producers and affinity partners
- Renewal rights transactions
- Fronting transactions
- Assumption/bulk reinsurance and policyholder novations
- Loss portfolio transfers
- Asset purchase and indemnity reinsurance transactions